Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Importance of Dancing With Wild Abandon

I've deduced from vast experimentation that dancing with wild abandon at some point during a day will do the the body and soul much good.

  1. You forget you are doing cardio, and thus burning calories, you are having so much fun.
  2. If you add a huge, goofy smile and make your movements as wild as possible, it is an instant mood elevator. Much better and quicker than a trip to the pharmacist for antidepressants.
  3. If you make yourself seem big, stretching out your arms and legs, owning as much space with your body as possible, not unlike if you were out in the woods and trying to scare off a bear, you release endorphins that make you feel confident.
  4. All of the above is an instant salve to taking yourself too seriously. We're talking instant perspective.
  5. Add friends for an exponential effect of 1 through 4. Seriously.
Here are two songs that do the trick for me recently.

For a super knee-bendy, grounded bring out your "I can do anything" attitude:


To feel airy, defy gravity, and release what's ailing you:


I highly suggest singing along to the chorus, too. All the ahh, ahh, ahh's. You'll figure it out. 

Feel free to add suggestions of songs in the comments.

Get to dancing.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a song suggestion but from our dancing in your living room last Tuesday morning, I can suggest doing all this with your eyes closed. It definitely made me lose my inhibitions. Great article, Leigh Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Good suggestion. Thank you, Love.

    ReplyDelete